Sunday, March 6, 2011

ISM-3004 - Presentation - Florida Mom Magazine to VCs

Candler
Please find for review a link to my YouTube video,

Florida Mom Magazines presentation to Venture Capitalists.



I created and ran a magazine and website for over a year in 2008, the Florida Mom Magazine, www.florida-mom.com.  It was a labor of love, but was a tough venture heading into the economic headwinds at the time.  I think in retrospect, if I had looked for Venture Capital funding, that I might have had more success with the project.

Candler - Florida Mom Magazine
I basically assembled a VC downloadable 5 min video presentation that could be hosted on the www.florida-mom.com website.  After coming up with a storyboard, I posed the question, would the Florida Mom Magazine make for a good investment?  I introduced who we aimed the magazine at, what the magazine was about, who our target advertiser base was and opportunities, our Media Kit, and finally bringing everything together with our business plan.  The final slide basically said for answers to questions, check out our website or contact me, Robert Candler.

Candler - Florida Mom Magazine
Going through the presentation rubric, I tried to anticipate the vc's questions, as well as make it attention grabbing, informative, but too intensive.  The VC viewer should have a great overview of the idea of the magazine, as well as places to look for more in-depth information.

As far attention grabbing goes, I posed the questions about what a Florida-Mom was, and then tried to answer it with a 30 second video that I had assembled for our website.  It basically shows an active, outgoing, energetic, passionate lady that continues to live life to the fullest, even with having kids.  It has high energy music, pictures, and bullet points to highlight what a Florida Mom is. 

Candler - Florida Mom Magazine
I don't feel that there was any inconsistencies nor errors, due to the fact that all of the information had already been published and pulled straight from the website. 



Working on this project has reinvigorated my passion for magazine publishing.  I thoroughly enjoyed my time coordinating and working all aspects of this publication, as well as working with a talented staff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment